About the Film
James Ruterbeck's film about H. Richard Hall, Mike Ferree, and Eula Shelton, Pentecostal preachers and faith healers in the tradition of William Branham. Their ministry flourished in the Holiness revivals of the 1950's, and in the 1990s they were still active in Cleveland, Tennessee, and other small towns across the Appalachian region and elsewhere, pitching tents, healing the sick, and spreading the gospel of Jesus outside of settled denominations.
"Raise the Dead" is the best and most sensitive documentary on the Appalachian region and Pentecostalism that I have ever seen" -- Harvey Cox, Harvard Divinity School.
More About This Film
- Raise the Dead transcription
- Raise the Dead- Study Guide for the Documentary Film pdf
- Raise the Dead, Richard Hall by Patsy Sims
- Raise the Dead, Eula Shelton and the Appalachian Holiness Church by Deborah Vansau McCauley
- Raise the Dead, William Marrion Braham by C. Douglas Weaver
- How Mike Ferree Saved the film "Raise the Dead"