About the Film
This short documentary follows the ten workers of Broerman Poultry Processing, revealing their surprisingly close relationships, despite the gruesome nature of their job. The colorful interviews and raw supporting footage give new perspectives on family values, hard work, and what happens inside a slaughterhouse.
The filmmaker Matthew Broerman writes "I never thought of making a documentary. It took a friend to convince me that not everyone grew up working in a slaughterhouse. I realized the slaughterhouse I had worked in all those years was bizarrely entertaining enough that it might make an interesting documentary. So in the fall of 2002 I began creating This is Our Slaughterhouse."
This film is available on DVD from the filmmaker "mbroerman(at)hotmail.com"
Tags: farm, poultry, ohio, family business
More About This Film
- USA Film Festival - Best Student Film
- Da Vinci Film Festival - Official Selection
- First Glance Philadelphia Film Festival - 3rd Place Documentary
- Trenton Film Festival - Official Selection
- First Look Student Film Festival - 2nd Place Documentary
- RiverRun International Film Festival - Official Selection
- Iowa City International Film Festival - Official Selection
- Kansas City Filmmakers Jubilee - Official Selection
- Big Muddy Film Festival - Best Documentary
For licensing, film rights and permissions, contact Matthew Broerman, the distributor mbroerman(at)hotmail.com, or Folkstreams.