About the Film
The Highly Exalted documents the life of working cowboys on the last horsedrawn chuckwagon in modern America. Shot against the spectacular backdrop of northern Nevada, nine cowboys and their cook tell colorful stories of six months roaming the half million acre ranch where they work. These are some of America’s last true cowboys. They are horse-back specialists: men unwilling to do the haying and maintenance work and who are not looking for job security or a permanent home. The Highly Exalted presents a vestige of the past, a portrait of a nearly extinct way of cowboy life.
For licensing, film rights and permissions, contact Kim Shelton, the distributor Kim Shelton, or Folkstreams.
- Bellota - A Story of Round-Up1969 | 32mins
- Cowboy Poets1988 | 53mins
- Cowgirls: Portraits of American Ranch Women1985 | 29mins
- Cowhand‘s Song1981 | 30mins
- Lige: Portrait of a Rawhide Braider1985 | 29mins
- Sometimes It‘s Gonna Hurt1983 | 27mins
- Why The Cowboy Sings2002 | 58mins
- Going, Going, Going1990 | 59mins