About the Film
This classic, entertaining documentary on American traditional music features varied individuals and groups who have not become part of the “melting pot” of American society.
From front porch banjo pickers in Appalachia and the Bluegrass Festival circuit to black children on the Carolina sea islands, cowboys, and Cheyenne and Comanche Indians, they have all retained their cultural identities despite pressures from the mass media and popular culture.
More About This Film
For licensing, film rights and permissions, contact John Cohen, the distributor, or Folkstreams.
- Dance All Night - The Highwoods Stringband Story2018 | 1h 18mins
- End of an Old Song1969 | 30mins
- High Lonesome Sound1963 | 30mins
- Miami Indian Powwow1998 | 26mins
- Pizza Pizza Daddy-O1968 | 18mins
- Gypsies Sing Long Ballads1982 | 28mins
- Family Across the Sea1990 | 57mins
- Everything Change Up Now1974 | 40mins